Thursday, January 27, 2011

Ciao from Florence, Italy!

Sorry for the delay everyone, I thought I posted my Rome post a few days ago but in reality, I just saved it.



After a 4 hour drive, then a 20 minute walk, I am moved into my apartment!  The apartment is basically in the center of the city and we can see the Duomo from our front door.  We are on a quaint little street and on the ground floor. 

When you walk in the apartment you enter the kitchen where we have a tv, dishwasher, internet, fridge, and table.  Furthur down the hallway is a bathroom with a toilet, sink, towel heater, and a bathtub with room for 5!  Then there is the first bedroom with my 3 roommates, Shelbi, April, and Jenn. 

Next is my bedroom with Anna and I.  From our bedroom is another room with a desk, a closet, and a full window showing a garden.  From the study room is Anna and I's bathroom with a standing shower, sink, toilet, and towel warmer.

There is also access to our outdoor patio from the kitchen and my bedroom.  There is privacy, a washing machine, and room to hang all of our clothes to dry.  I absolutely looveee the apartment and our guide was even surprised at how nice the apartment is.  The only problem is that the sheets given to us were literally double the size of the bed, and there is like no heat so the apartment is cold.

Tonight we have the night off so we are going food and house supply shopping.  First thing tomorrow morning we have orientation, a meeting to register our permit to stay, and a tour of the city with a guide.  At night we have a welcoming party at the ISA office to celebrate getting into the city!  Saturday we are going to the Piazzale Michaelangelo and San Miniato and then another walking tour of the city.  Sunday my roommates and I are going to walk the city to find our classes and buy class supplies and finally relax a little!

I love and miss everyone so much and am having an amazing time!  Either later tonight or tomorrow I'm going to upload pictures since everything is so beautiful!

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog! I'm so jealous. One request, can you describe the food in detail so that I can pretend like I'm eating it too?? And please let us know every amazing meal you have. Ciao!! Miss you.

    ReplyDelete