Thursday, January 20, 2011

3 Days Predeparture

I have 3 and a half days until departure to Rome and I'm pretty proud of myself for being so ready.  I did the majority of my packing on Monday, and I fit all of my stuff into one monster suitcase!  Tuesday I worked on packing my carry on bags and toiletries.  Yesterday I went shopping and bought the rest of the items I needed and now I just need to pack them and some laundry and I'm done!  It's so strange for me to think that all the items I feel I need for the next 4 months fit into a suitcase, a backpack, and a purse/bag.

Enough packing, I'm also planning a party!  Since I won't be seeing my family and friends for the next 4 months I figured I'd bring them all together for a Bon Voyage party! Of course since we live in Northern NJ, there is a chance its going to snow Friday, but the party HAS to happen since I'm  leaving Sunday! It's nothing crazy but I can't wait to see everyone!

Also yesterday I picked up the Euro's I ordered from the bank.  To my surprise, the exchange rate has gone done yet again.  I ordered 100 Euro's and paid $150, aka TERRIBLE.  Hopefully the exchange rate will realize that I am coming to Europe for 4 months and need a better rate!  I mean the bank charged processing fees blah, blah, blah but I still thought the exchange would be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment